Divorce Lawyer Clinton, UT
Divorce can be one of the most difficult things that some people face in their lifetime, and leave you in desperate need of a reliable divorce lawyer Clinton, UT residents turn to at times like this. We can’t promise that this will be an easy or fun experience for you, but we will do what we can to reduce your stress, emotional trauma, and loss of assets. Having a reliable and experienced lawyer by your side throughout the process from the start can improve your situation and set you up for success for the outcome of your divorce. Your lawyer understands that this is a difficult time for you, and is ready to take on the legal side of your divorce while you focus on you mental and emotional health and planning for your new future.
Mediation for Divorce
Depending on your circumstances, mediation may be a desirable option for you and your ex to your resolve the issues in your divorce and complete the divorce process. An advantage to mediation is that it allows you and your ex a chance to discuss and workout some of these issues and division of assets, where as in court your giving the judge the ultimate authority to make those decisions. If you believe your ex may be able to cooperate with mediation and be reasonable then mediation may be a positive way to work through your divorce and help to legally end your relationship with your ex in a more amicable way, which could be beneficial for your emotional and mental health. And, of course, your Clinton divorce lawyer will be right by your side during the mediation process to ensure that your ex and their lawyer play fair.
Hiring a Lawyer
For many it’s tempting to try to avoid hiring a lawyer for their legal matters in an effort to save money, but in many cases it ends up costing more money in the long run since you will be at a legal disadvantage. Not to mention the stress and time you will have to commit to handling your own legal matters. When it comes to divorce it is the same story. Although this is a personal situation for you, as far as the law is concerned this is the legal division of assets and severing of a legally binding union. An understanding and reliable divorce lawyer is the person for the job and they will be happy to put their legal knowledge and experience to work for you.
Help Is Available
If you are going through a divorce, a Clinton, UT divorce lawyer knows that one of the biggest ways you can help yourself is by going through mediation. Whether you and your ex-spouse are ending your marriage on amicable terms or things have become hostile, mediation can help you navigate your divorce and find a way to reach more mutually agreeable solutions. When you employ the use of skilled mediators, you can find resolution on key issues, such as child custody, property division, and alimony. Mediation allows you to do this while preserving and fostering a positive post-divorce relationship. If you want to learn more about how mediation can help you in your divorce, reach out to the trusted team at Felt Family Law & Mediation.
Ways That Mediation Can Help You
As you navigate divorce, it can help to understand how mediation will help you with some of the biggest issues you may face.
- It can make things quicker. When you start out on your divorce journey, you may already be wondering when it will end. It’s true that court proceedings can cause a divorce to take months or years. However, with the help of mediation, you may find that the process is more time-efficient and can allow you and your ex-spouse to resolve issues quickly.
- It is cost-effective. Traditional divorce proceedings can become expensive quickly. Mediation allows both parties to work with a single mediator, which can be advantageous when your finances are already strained from the divorce process. A mediator can help you divide assets fairly without feeling like one side gets more than the other.
- It can lessen the emotional blow. There’s no doubt that both parties will be hurt (in some way) following a divorce. However, mediation offers a safe and supportive environment where both parties can feel that their emotions are being acknowledged. This leads to problem-solving without exacerbating feelings of anger and resentment.
- It helps with future conflict resolution. Your Clinton divorce lawyer knows that mediation can help you with future conflict resolution. For any number of reasons (but especially children), you may still have your ex-spouse in your life. Mediation can help you to develop conflict-resolution skills and teach you how to best compromise and communicate with one another. This will be especially helpful when you speak with your ex-spouse in the future or when you need to co-parent with them.
- It can help you focus on what is important. If you have children from your marriage, mediation can help you to focus on what’s in your children’s best interests. Your mediator can help you find child support and custody solutions that prioritize your kids and work for both parents.
Call Felt Family Law and Mediation Today
No matter your circumstances, a Clinton divorce lawyer can help you with all of your divorce and family law matters. At Felt Family Law and Mediation we know that this isn’t easy for you, and we are here to support and guide you through it. There is no replacement for the reliable advice and legal guidance of a divorce lawyer. The sooner you start talking with a lawyer the better. Give us a call today!